Earn PrimePoints, Get Free Gift Cards

All the important information concerning the PlayStation 5 release date

by | Dec 3, 2018 | PlayStation | 0 comments

When is the PlayStation 5 release date? What will it cost and why isn’t it out already? You hear these questions buzzing all over the gaming scene. Unfortunately, nobody has concrete information. However, we do have some information from Kenichiro Yoshida. This is the boss of Sony. He told that he felt the intense desire for next-generation hardware, in order to stay competitive. 

This confirms that the new PlayStation 5 is coming, and it might be coming fast.

PlayStation 5 release date predictions

But how fast exactly? Industry analyst Michael Pachter predicts that the Sony PlayStation 5 has a 75% chance of releasing in 2020. With only one month left in 2018, it isn’t very likely that it will be released in 2018. The chances of the Sony PS5 releasing in 2019 are 25% according to Michael. In addition to that prediction, there are many major PlayStation 4 games (like Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima) that seem to be released in 2019. This also suggests that the chances of the PlayStation 5 releasing out in 2019 are low at best. Kotaku’s Jason Schreier backs up these predictions. He reported that almost all of the conversations he had with developers point to a 2020 release. He mentioned: “There are rumours going around concerning the PlayStation 5 at the company itself and other companies. But the extend in which this happens, doesn’t equal the extend in which it normally happens. When the console is near to the release date.” On the other hand, news shows that sale rates of the PS4 are slowing down. This indicates that Sony maybe wants to proceed faster in introducing PlayStation 5. Releasing earlier will also give it a big advantage in the next-gen battle between PS5 and Xbox Two.

Playstation-5-release

PlayStation 5 price predictions

Now, the question that is in everyone’s head: What is the price of the PS5. Many people are wondering whether the new console will exceed the price of the PS4 when it got launched. For this reason, we have analyzed the passed release prizes of the previous console. The most expensive console ever released were exact $499 and $599. With the PlayStation 3 being the most expensive PlayStation ever, during release time. 

We expect Sony learned from that mistake and will never go that expensive again. The PS4 launched at the reasonable price of $399 and we expect the PS5 will cost around the same, which is another indicator that the release date is a few years from now. However, we are pretty certain that the PlayStation will be more powerfull than the Xbox One X that was lately revealed. At this point such specs would probably make the PS5 way more expensive than $399, but at the end of 2020 8-10TF should be way more affordable and thus doable.

In conclusion: nothing is certain. Most sources point to the PlayStation 5 release in 2020 at a price around $399. But the games industry is always full of surprises.

When do you think the new PlayStation 5 will release?

Sony-studios focus already on the Playstation 5

Sony-studios focus already on the Playstation 5

The most popular game console of the last years is, without a doubt, the PlayStation 4. The game console launched in 2013 and thus celebrates its sixth birthday. Meanwhile, a lot of cool games have appeared on the console and the PlayStation 4 Pro enabled you to play...

Call of Duty Blackout Tips and Tricks – Survive COD Battle Royale

Call of Duty Blackout Tips and Tricks – Survive COD Battle Royale

15 great tips to play Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Blackout In this blog you will find several Blackout tips that are of use for both new players as for experienced battle royale veterans. These tips will possibly be expanded once we gain more experience and knowledge....

Free games PS Plus November 2018

Free games PS Plus November 2018

It isn't even November yet, but here we are. We will spoil all the upcoming free game titles for the PlayStation Plus. It is important to realize, that these games are only available to you if you have free playstation plus. In the upcoming month, the games: Yakuza...

Free PSN generator

Free PSN generator

Are you looking for free PSN cards? Then that might be possible with a Free PSN Generartor. Wrong! Of course that is not possible. Have you ever seen a machine somewhere that spit out free money afater a touch of a button? Let me think. I do not think so. Do you still...

Malicious message causes a jamming of Playstation 4

Malicious message causes a jamming of Playstation 4

There has a been a loud voice in the PlayStation community as many users have reported a bug in the PlayStation 4. But how is this possible? Well, there seems to be a unique character that people send through chat. As soon as you open it on your PlayStation account,...

Everything about PlayStation VR

Everything about PlayStation VR

Virtual reality is a completely new way of playing games. Well, the idea has been around for sixty years and the first wave of vr headsets came out in the 1990s. But since 2016 vr really works, is affordable and is supported by major software developers. PlayStation...

A Sony PlayStation Plus subscription, what is that?

A Sony PlayStation Plus subscription, what is that?

Searching for a fun way to spend your time like playing online on your PlayStation Console. If this is what you want, it is required to connect your account with a valid PlayStation Plus Subscription . In the previous PlayStation console, Sony gave away access to the...

What are the releases to wait for in the second halve of 2018?

What are the releases to wait for in the second halve of 2018?

With so much cool games coming up you better go do some offers and stack these reward points! In this blog we will talk about 5 games that haven’t been released yet and we would recommend keeping your eye at them because they look to awesome to miss! Make sure to read...

Select the Free Gift Card you would like to receive!

Start earning PrimePoints in our reward system and claim one of the many prizes below. 

Free v-bucks
free imvu credits
Free Steam Wallet Codes
Free Google Play Gift Card Codes
Free Netflix Codes
free rixty codes
Free RP for League of Legends
Free PayPal gift cards
free xbox gift cards
Free amazon gift card codes
Free Spotify Codes
Free bitcoin

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *